IS Operation Scheme
The IS Operations rating is a third-party assured framework for integrating sustainability risks and opportunities into strategy, operations, and reporting. It is intended to provide an assessment of risk-return, assured benchmarking, a transparent approach to sustainability governance, consistent evaluation across asset classes, networks and portfolios.
How It Works
This rating is applicable to all infrastructure assets/networks from any class that has been operating for any amount of time. The system is divided into different categories, and each of these categories is divided into a number of credits which addresses a specific aspect of sustainability performance within the category. The total score is calculated with points from each of the categories evaluated.
An assessment of Risk-Return (minimizing lifecycle costs and maximizing quadruple bottom-line returns); Assured Benchmarking (providing certainty of what constitutes improvement with specific and measurable outcomes to advance current levels of performance); A transparent approach to sustainability governance encouraging richer stakeholder communication and building social licence to operate; Consistent evaluation across asset classes, networks and portfolios; and an approach to quantifying performance gaps and material sustainability aspects that can enhance asset and portfolio management.
- 1. Management and Governance: Management Systems, Procurement, and Purchasing, Climate Change Adaptation
- 2. Using Resources: Energy and carbon, Water, Materials
- 3. Emissions, Pollution, and Waste: Discharges to air Land and water, Land, Waste
- 4. Ecology
- 5. People and Place: Community health well being and safety, Heritage, Stakeholders Participation, Urban and Landscape Design
- 6. Innovation.
Official Website / Links
- Users of the tool – Project Team, Developers, Operators, Public Authorities
- Phase when the tool applies – Operation, Maintenance
- Geographic application – Australia, New Zealand