Urban AST – Urban Adaptation Support Tool
The Urban Adaptation Support tool has been developed as the adaptation guidance tool for urban areas. Urban AST provides access to relevant adaptation information, data, tools, and guidance specifically tailored for urban settings in Europe. The tool is intended to provide adaptation measures and actions, observations and scenarios, adaptation plans and strategies, and vulnerability assessment.
How It Works
The Urban Adaptation Support Tool consists of six steps that help to understand the risks and vulnerability to current and future climate, to identify and assess adaptation options, to develop and implement a climate change adaptation strategy and/or action plan and to monitor the results of adaptation action. Under each step, a set of listed questions need to be addressed in the adaptation planning and implementation process in order to successfully complete the step. The Urban Adaptation Support Tool is not intended to produce a tailor-made climate adaptation strategy at the press of a button. It rather intends to highlight key issues to be considered when planning and implementing adaptation cycle; and provides access to relevant information, tools, resources, and guidance to support it.
Adaptation Measures and Actions, Observations and Scenarios, Adaptation Plans and Strategies, Vulnerability Assessment
The Urban Adaptation Support tool consists of six steps that help to understand the risks and vulnerability to current and future climate:
- 1. Preparing the ground for adaptation
- 2. Assessing risks and vulnerabilities to climate change
- 3. Identifying adaptation options
- 4. Assessing and selecting adaptation options
- 5. Implementation
- 6. Monitoring and evaluation.
Official Website / Links
- Users of the tool – Project Team, Developers, Public Authorities, General Audience
- Phase when the tool applies – Planning, Design, Construction, Operation
- Geographic application – European Union Members