Pearl Community Rating System
Estidama is the sustainable development initiative developed to build the Abu Dhabi Emirate according to innovative green standards. The program is part of the “Abu Dhabi Vision 2030”. Within the program, there is the Pearl Communities Rating System wich rates built environment performance against economic, environmental, cultural, and social aspects.
How It Works
The Pearls Community Rating System is a point-based system that awards projects points for different credits that are grouped under a number of general categories. Points are added up to a final rating which ranges from One Pearl to Five Pearls. The Pearl Rating System is organized into seven categories that are fundamental to more sustainable development.
To provide design guidance and detailed requirements for rating a project’s potential performance in relation to the guideline pillars of Estidama. Note: ” Estidama” is the Arabic word for sustainability
- IDP: Integrated Development Process (7 credits)
- NS: Natural Systems (8 credits)
- LS: Liveable Spaces (17 credits)
- PW: Precious Water (8 credits)
- RE: Resourceful Energy (11 credits)
- SM: Stewarding Materials (11 credits)
- IP: Innovating Practice (2 credits)
Official Website / Links
- Users of the tool – Project Team, Developers, Public Authorities
- Phase when the tool applies – Design, Construction
- Geographic application – Abu Dhabi