Principles for Responsible Investment – PRI
The six Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) are a voluntary and aspirational set of investment principles that offer a menu of possible actions for incorporating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into investment practices as well as support the international network of investor signatories. Signatories report on their responsible investment activities annually.
How It Works
The tool is a set of principles designed for investors to better understand the implications of sustainability and support signatories to incorporate these issues into their investment decision-making and ownership practices.
The incorporation of environmental, social, and corporate governance issues into investment practices across asset classes.
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment decision making processes;
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices;
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles;
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
Official Website / Links
- Users of the tool- Investors
- Phase when the tool applies- Finance
- Geographic application- Not specified