SITES Rating System
SITES is a sustainability-focused framework designed to protect ecosystems and enhance the mosaic of benefits that landscape provides such as climate regulation, carbon storage, and flood mitigation. SITES is intended to distinguish sustainable landscapes, measure their performance and elevate their value.
How It Works
SITES certification is based on a point system− the number of points that a project earns determines the certification level it receives. The SITES certification process allows project’s benchmark against performance criteria. The process is performed through SITES Online, which is a simplified tool designed to collect documentation and track projects from start to finish.
An evaluation designed to distinguish sustainable landscapes, measure their performance and elevate their value.
- Section 1: Site Context
- Section 2: Pre-Design Assessment + Planning
- Section 3: Site Design – Water
- Section 4: Site Design – Soil + Vegetation
- Section 5: Site Design – Materials Selection
- Section 6: Site Design – Human Health + Well-being
- Section 7: Construction
- Section 8: Operations + Maintenance
- Section 9: Education + Performance Monitoring
- Section 10: Innovation or Exemplary Performance
Official Website / Links
- Users of the tool – Project Team, Developers, Public Authorities, General Audience
- Phase when the tool applies – Planning, Design, Construction, Operation, Maintenance
- Geographic application – Not specified – Applies globally