Toolkit for developing National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programmes (NUMPs)
Type(s) of Tool
Country of Origin
Date of Development
The development of National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programmes can be a useful process to facilitate a more coordinated approach to urban mobility policy, planning and investment. The tool kit was designed complementary to the “National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programmes (NUMP) – Guidelines” and provides additional resources for the different phases of drafting a national urban mobility policy.
National governments have a coherent national urban mobility plan in place.
Sustainability considerations for drafting a national urban mobility policy include:
– Clean and healthy cities and emission reductions from mobility activities, both for GHG emissions and local pollutants,
– Energy security, increased energy efficiency and use of renewable energies in the urban mobility sector,
– Social justice, enhanced accessibility to jobs, markets, services, and social networks, particularly for disadvantaged groups,
– Affordability and quality of mobility services, including safety concerns, particularly for vulnerable groups,
– Efficient, sustainable and climate-resilient mobility infrastructure,
– Good quality jobs in mobility services, and
– Innovation and economic development from low-carbon mobility technologies and services.